Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cucumber in back yard-pot( きゅうりが・そだった)

Where there is a will, there is solution. we hadnot single inch of land in back yard as we live in 3rd floor of the apartment. what we did is we bought a polythene sacs, 10 kg manured soil, some seeds of cucmber. we sowed more than than 10 seeds on such sacs, all were germinated well. Later, I removed rest of the samplings, keep only one and make it go up with regular removing creeping buds and additional buds to make sure that only two twigs go up crossing one after another. What I learnt from the school is if you let all fruits grown as it is, the younger one will die because of lack of food supply to store inside of it. I used to water everday morning, chased the insect if any, remove such buds regularly and see how it is fruiting every other day. the light, the water, and the manure are most important thing to give any fruits by any plant, so do the cucumber in my back yard. Yesterday, I brought the photo and one cucumber to my gradeteacher and she was very happy on seeing it and getting the cucumber.
In fact the cucumber is budding from every eyes from the lowest eyes to top, something amazing. As long as grown one wouldnot picked up in time, the size of the rest cucmber doesnt grow that much. I feel good, when I eat, something look like standing on own feet.
More the water we put, bigger and faster the cucumber.
These are some photoes of life cycle of cucumber taken by myself.

1 comment: